1. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO BECOME A REAL ESTATE AGENT?
I was a dental hygienist previously, and after 2 years, I needed something more exciting than cleaning teeth and taking x-rays each day. It was my husband who suggested I become a real estate agent. he convinced me it was perfect for me…he was absolutely right.
2. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING AN AGENT?
Working with different people and helping them find a home they can be happy in, proud of and reflects their life style.
3. WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST CHALLENGING ABOUT BEING A REAL ESTATE AGENT?
Working with all types of personalities and trying to make them happy and satisfied with my service and knowledge of the market…can be challenging and at the same time very fulfilling.
4. HOW DO YOU OVERCOME THOSE CHALLENGES?
After 44 years of working as a real estate broker, I know all the issues and unexpected problems that can come up with finances, home inspections, mortgages and bank appraisers. I also know that the majority of all the cases, it can all be resolved with hard work and creative thinking. In the end, we get to the closing table and everyone is happy and all the challenges have been satisfied.
5. WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY IN THE LIFE OF A REAL ESTATE AGENT LOOK LIKE?
Working hard by making lots of contacts and staying in touch with my client base. There are many days I show houses, take a new listing, check on the status of a current mortgage, and perhaps meeting a bank appraiser. I always let people know I am a real estate broker.
6. WHAT HAS SURPRISED YOU MOST ABOUT THE REAL ESTATE FIELD?
The real estate field is full of surprises, the ups and downs, being slow at times for no apparent reason, then being so busy, but in the end, I am always surprised at how many people do well in real estate.
7. WHAT SETS YOU APART FROM OTHER AGENTS? Definitely my sense of humor, my patience, my honesty and surrounding myself with excellent people, such as a good mortgage broker, an honest home inspector, and many wonderful vendors, that can instantly be of service to remediate any problems.
8. WHAT’S ONE PIECE OF ADVICE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE PROSPECTIVE BUYERS AND PROSPECTIVE SELLERS?
Be sure to work with someone you immediately like and trust. Be loyal to your agent, they will work hard for you, whether it is selling your home or finding you a home. Also you as a seller or buyer must be honest with your agent, so they can do their very best for you.
9. DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN ANY CHARITIES AND IF SO, WHICH ONE’S DO YOU FOCUS ON? I am very involved in the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation as my grandson has type one diabetes. My next charity is the Wounded Warriors for the last 7 years. My third is Children’s Miracle Network for the last 15 years.